Monday, April 18, 2011

2 Ring Circus

I truly believe Erica and I could have won America's Funniest Home Videos today.  Today was the day of taking Violet and Hershey's puppies to the vet for their check-ups, shots, and wormer.  Remember how many puppies each momma had?  Violet had 9, and Hershey had 12.  So yes, we took 21 puppies to the vet all at once.


Not only that, but we both had our youngest boys with us - Erica's son will be 2 in a couple weeks. My son is just over 3.  Great help of course!


I hauled in 2 kennels with puppies - one tiny kennel with 2 puppies, and a very large kennel with the other 10.  This wasn't such a big deal because Hershey's puppies weighed in from tiny Pepper at 3.14 lbs to the 2 big puppies (Socks and Pippin) weighing 6.8 lbs.


When it was time for Erica's puppies (remember they are part Great Pyrenees), I wish we had someone video taping us.  You see Erica was holding her son, while my son followed me to the car to bring in puppies.  We would meet at the door and trade out puppies.  The waiting room was full of other people and their furrkids observing these 2 crazy ladies, with 2 toddlers, and 21 puppies.  Violet's puppies weighed in between 10-12 lbs each and are wiggly, so you can imagine how easy they are to hold on to when you have a toddler either in the other arm, or one tugging at your pants.  I could clearly hear circus music playing around us. 


Can you picture this video in fast forward? All Erica and I needed were clown costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment