Monday, May 16, 2011

For the LOVE of Titus!

Probably a rescuers worst nightmare would be losing one of the rescue dogs. Having the dog get out and not being able to find a dog one has just pulled from a shelter only to be picked up by animal control and put back in another shelter...

You see our dear Titus has figured out how to jump the 6 foot gate by using the cross bar! We do not usually let him out back without supervision, and the few times he has gone over, we are right there to get him back in. (Have I mentioned he has GREAT recall?!)

Dear sweet Titus
So this morning, Titus wanted out with the rest of the dogs one more time before I ran the girls to school.  I let him go and prayed he would not jump.  Instantly the kids came to me saying he jumped. *sigh*  I run out front and there is no sign of him.

I ran back in, changed a diaper quick and threw the kids in the car to go find him. I drove everywhere in our neighborhood, searched the farms to the North of us, drove a couple streets over... all the while PRAYING people would not see him and call Animal Control. I also called Erica for emotional support. She offered to come drive around.  We drove around for over 20 minutes before I had to get the girls to school. *ugh* I hated leaving our neighborhood not knowing where he went!

But I had to get the girls to school, and I did - just barely on time.  Then I rushed back home as fast as I safely could and continued to drive around looking for Titus. My little Jeffrey (that has very few words he can say) kept saying "Tidey come home!"

However, Rodman's adopter was supposed to be here to pick him up!  So after 45 minutes of driving around, we went home, and I was SICK to my stomach with worry about where Titus was.  I called Erica devastated.

I go in the house and look to the back door window - THERE STANDS TITUS!  He never left us!
I could swear I checked out back thoroughly before leaving.  I guess not.

Yes I am blonde and feel free to get a good chuckle out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment